<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

THE LEAVINGS

I brought home two pretty maple leaves tonight from Booker and my walk.

The trees are in the western section of our complex along a walk that goes behind, between the back yards of units.

These are not your red and golden leaves. They are more a nice ruddy brown and yellow. But they are autumn leaves and the only ones that I know about here except for a stand of maples way out by where we used to walk on Sunday mornings. Near our old house.

But those dropped in January and the leaves were little. These, here, dropped almost on time and the leaves are huge.

So much for the excitement. It is nice to find a touch of back east in such a different climate.

I don't know what we will do with them. Look. Touch. Smell.

I might burn them. I was writing to my son about the smell of burning leaves the other day. Maybe we will have some here.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?