<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 15, 2010

ETHNIC DIVERSITY

In our house, we lean toward the italian. Spaghetti, sausage and pasta, pizza. We also go out and get chinese once a month. Most of what I cook is just plain American. American Chop Suey or chili which is not anywhere near texmex or mex or anything.

But, hungry for some change, I went Indian tonight.

Chicken Curry

It is the first recipe that I have gotten on line for quite awhile.

I skipped a number of the offerings that Googled up. Too many moving parts.

But this seemed doable.

I was more after the technology of curry powder. I did remember that it doesn't "take" unless it is heated hard in oil.

Then there is the other reason to have Indian food. I get to fire up the rice cooker. I love that thing.

And another! Chutney.

I am pretty sure that neither chutney or this kind of recipe is remotely like what an Indian would make. But I am happy with it. Even though there is a lot of slicing and dicing. And my audience of diners was happy to see change too.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?