<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 08, 2010

SHOOTS

I cut all the horsetails down out front.

The former had planted them against the house and the courtyard slab.

By the time that we had gotten to them, they were scraggly and unkempt. Someone had, incorrectly, sawed many of them off at the top and the stalks had dried down to midway.

I want the bed to be full and I could buy all new ones and start over but I have plenty of time and so do they.

So I cut them down to the ground as recommended in a gardening site that I found.

Then, I began to water the bed. They need a lot of water. Not to be submerged or anything but probably wetter than they have had for a long time.

There was a sprinkler on them but it had a tube spreader, the tubes had come off. The bed was getting wet fitfully if at all.

The only people who lived here for three years were leasers who can hardly be expected to take interest in the horsetails.

Now, I water the bed every day.

Now, the payoff.

Just when I was beginning to think that the whole deal had collapsed, there are new shoots. Maybe six of them in the whole bed.

But it is six more young, healthy ambitious stalks that were not there before.

I am pysched.

I hope the horsetails are psyched too.

We shall see.

Progress.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?