<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SCIENCE PROJECT

I didn't do too well with science projects when I was in high school.

I could never think of anything to do and when I did there was the building part of it.

One year I built the solar system with balls of plaster of paris. I mounted the balls on bent coat hangers. The coat hangers were sort of nailed to a square of plywood.

I painted the balls the way they were supposed to look, sort of. I painted the base board with some old blue paint my dad had around.

The blue board was sticky when I put on the hangers. Finger prints.

The plaster of paris balls didn't sit on the hangers very well. The rotated and when you picked the thing up they moved around.

The whole thing was heavy. Too heavy.

It was an embarrassment but it was the best I could do.

I always fell apart on the handiwork. I wasn't handy.

I still am not.

Great on concept. Lousy on execution.

These kids are light years ahead of where I was.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?