Tuesday, October 12, 2010
OBJECT LESSON
With all the cynicism in the world on the 'net and teevee, there is still a glimmer that some people think that America does some good things and support its image as a role model for other societies.
Me, for example!
As a booster of the good old and new USA, I am proud of Hillary Clinton for her living spirit of the American ideal.
Here she is telling Bosnians about her experience and urging them to follow suit.
In Sarajevo, Clinton reflects on 2008
I’m often asked how could I go to work for President Obama after trying to defeat him.” ,p.“And the answer is simple,” she said. “We both love our country. And at some point, that has to be the mindset that develops here. And it comes from small steps, not just big ones but small, many hundreds of thousands of small steps. And I hope that you will think about this and I hope you will let our ambassador know how we can help you, because we have lots of ideas from our own experience in our own country.”I haven't always admired Hillary Clinton but I have to hand it to her today. She has assumed her role with grace and dignity and is a highly effective Secretary. Beyond excellent.
And a good person.
Labels: Administration Obama, America, Hillary Clinton
Comments:
Post a Comment