<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 29, 2010

MODERATES

When I get all stoked up about the wing nuts who are campaigning, I forget that there are a group of what I consider moderate Republicans in the classical mold. They have a desire to work across the aisle. Often, leadership has not let them speak up or paid attention to them. In this election, it is likely that many of these experienced moderates will win their elections while the firebrands who make the most noise will not.

The New Face of the G.O.P.? Grizzled Veterans

If I have to have more Republicans, I will be happy to have this bunch, thanks.

I also have to remember that the know-nothings who do make it will be junior first timers and pushed to the margins until they earn their chops and pay their institutional dues.

Of course, at this point it would seem that many of them are not going to make it. Only Angle and Paul are doing well in the polls. And Paul is flailing.

Do I sound resigned? I am.

We all knew this was coming. It is the net result of the usual midterm rebound that all presidents have as well as the "anger" which the pundits tell us is out there.

A lot of this anger is ginned up by the loudmouths and the half term governor and failed VP candidate who is still as dumb as a post or as wily as a fox or both.

I am sure that the Obamas are not surprised either and have a plan. After all, it was their desire from the get-go to work with those who lean toward bipartisan solutions.

As I am sure that the Republicans, or some of them, know that the best time they will have with a split Congress wil be the few lame duck months. After they are sworn in, they will have to deal or be seen as not governing.

As usual, I am the eternal optimist even when faced with mounting evidence that the GOoPers are on a death wish chase to the do-nothing bottom of the barrel. But time will tell. Mitch McConnell has only a desire to make Obama a one-term President, he said so, no other priorities. What a shit.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?