<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

INSIDE JOB

Today's Mamet film is a caper movie

Heist (2001)

Of course, it is also about deception, the double cross, the triple cross and then some.

It is a lot of fun.

Gene Hackman. Sam Rockwell. Ummm. Danny DeVito. The villain. Type casting. Funny though.

The Mamet stock company is in evidence.

Seeing all these films back to back is very interesting. I do not respond to the actors as belonging in yesterday's film. They are all right here, right now, in this one.

Of course, around the edges, I am looking for Ricky Jay and the others.

It doesn't get in the way of the suspense of which there is plenty in this one.

I have seen it several times and am still not ready for some of the twists and turns and I am never tired of the dialogue.

This one earns a 5 out of Netflix5 because I have seen it over and over. And may again.

I love Gene Hackman. I guess he is out of the business now. He is 80 years old. 7 years older than me.

He has 99 credits, the last film was 2004.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?