<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 04, 2010

FALL PLANTING

I went and got some more cactus today.

Three to fill an empty pot that sat/sits on the entrance corner to our front courtyard.

I put three different tall babies in with some stones.

They don't attract a lot of attention on their own but they balance a big pot of a many stemmed cactus on the other side corner near the AC stall. And, of course, the table of cactus that we put in a few weeks ago.

I also found a few little cacti to fill out the table.

Out back, on the patio (the courtyard is front, the patio is back) there have been two empty pots on either side and I bought lantana plants for them. Yellow.

They are in bright sun six months of the year and bright shade the other six.

Flowers need sun. We will see how this all turns out.

That about completes the planting we will have here. Of course, there will be replacements and if present projects, like the horsetails, fail then we will have to fix.

But for now, the only thing that needs to be done is the pruning of the big palo verde that sits in the middle of the courtyard and the California oleander that looms over the new little cactus.

That will be done when the visitors, who are due on Thursday, depart. I don't want them to see stubby trees.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?