<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 28, 2010

AIR WAR

I may have mentioned that there is a guy at the gym who comes in on Tuesday and Thursday and turns all the fans on in the second floor cardio area.

Actually, he and his wife. He is a big bullet headed guy, bull neck. Small ass and skinny legs. He is like a cartoon figure. The wife is a mousy, but good looking woman who travels in his wake.

We know this guy over a long time. He has a gravel voice, a red face and has "bully" written all over him. At one time he brought his adult son with him and kept on the guys ass the whole time. It was very sad to watch. The guy was a nebbish.

I have stayed away from him and other similar types for all of the 13 years I have been going there. I do not even acknowledge that he/they are there.

This air raid on the second floor is new. He and the wife show up about 415 AM, a little before I do, turn on all the fans and then give their all to the orbitals.

Now, there is nothing wrong with fans. Or air. But it is about 65 in that place. It is early morning. Many of us are not happy with having a wind on our backs.

The bully and the wife know that we disapprove. The second they are off their machines a few of us will go and turn the fan closest to them off.

Some of us are more pissed than others about this. I know that it is an affront and a fuck you to the rest of us as much as it is a cooler for him although he is obviously really really hot. I put this down, incidentally, to booze. But that is not for me to say. And I don't. Not to anyone.

Anyway. Today one of the more pissed ones went and shut both fans off while the guy and the wife were still working out.

The bully was off his machine and it was all "fuckyouturnthatbackonyouassholeanddoitnow". Then the turn off guy retaliated verbally.

I saw none of this but when I arrived my friend the pissed off guy was walking the treadmill on the first floor near the door. I asked what was up. He told me a bit of it and said that he had complained and had "red ticketed" the guy.

I didn't know what that meant.

But ten minutes later two cops arrived and had a quiet talk with the bully.

In a way it was very scary.

This is escalation! In another way it was funny.

We who have remained quiet but with attitude couldn't imagine taking this to the level the pissed off guy had let alone call the cops.

Is this what the "red ticket" meant? I can't shake anything out of the Google tree.

The bully was talking it up to some of his cohorts on the first floor.

This is new stuff for our staid old gym.

Me? I am staying in my air raid shelter.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?