<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 24, 2010

NOT FUNNY

I saw some of this cringe inducing performance.

Colbert Knocks Democrats Off Message

I have been uncomfortable with Colbert's schtick from the beginning.

His faux wing nut personna is confusing and, often, not funny.

I hated the monologue that he did at the National Press Club a few years ago to embarrass George Bush.

Today's performance might have been a useful event had he stuck to the plan and talked about his actual day with immigrant workers in a straightforward way.

Or maybe he didn't really spend that day.

Not one of his lines hit the mark. As far as I am concerned they were all clunkers.

And now, he and Jon Stewart are going to try to one up Glen Beck with National Mall events.

Get this guy out of serious discourse.

George S. Kaufman, a successful and witty playwright said "satire is what closes on Saturday night".

Today it closed in a few minutes in the congressional hearing.

I would be glad never to see this guy again. He is trying to take advantage of the already nasty rhetoric on the left. By pretending being on the nasty right.

I had thought about putting the video of his appearance on my blog but I am so pissed I don't want to give it space.

Labels:


Comments:
they were fools in invite him.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?