<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 03, 2010

CONFESSION TIME

I know this is sick, but there is a part of me that is always a little disappointed that a hurricane or earthquake didn't do as much damage as expected.

And it isn't because my name is somehow involved with the current storm.

It is just that with all the hoopla on the telly and all there is a bit of anticlimax to find out that the storm lost power and that damage wasn't as great as expected and that it didn't hit full on but sort of glanced the coast. Or something.

On the other hand, I am sick with upset when the Katrinas happen or the Haiti shake.

I can't really account for this.

It seems sinful in a way.

I have heard other people confess this kind of insensitivity and desire for mayhem.

Maybe it is in the lower part of the brain or something.

I mean, there are really enough horrible things happening in the world, most perpetrated by other humans, that we don't need a natural disaster to be greater than expected for fun and enjoyment.

A bit of the dark side that I don't like to admit is there inside my soul. Mr. Sweetness and Light.

I am not sitting here hoping that it hits New England slam in the middle. I have friends and family there after all. It is not abstract.

I don't know anyone in the Carolinas.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?