<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 25, 2010

ABBREVIATED HORTICULTURE

I didn't mention that on the trip to the nursery and thence to Lowes, I did not get two things I wrote about.

No petunias. No Bird of Paradise.

Sometimes the Universe cancels my vote for me.

In this case, it came about that it is still too hot for petunias. October. I fail to remember this every year. I was also reminded that petunias often fail in the winter when and if it really gets cold. And finally, John fessed up to not liking petunias. We have "always" had them.

So it is chrysanthemums which Lowes had for 3 bucks today and they looked great. I didn't get any though because I was at the end of my gardening rope for the day.

I will go over Monday and fetch them.

The birds? No. The woman at the nursery suggested I not plant in the bed of horsetails but let them be. Maybe even take the bird that is there out.

They had some magnificent horsetails that were six feet tall!

Man, I would like to get that way. But probably not in our scope. She says "lots of water". OK.

This is a lousy photo. They don't ever photograph well.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?