<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 13, 2010

OUTFOXED

Today's movie was Wes Anderson's underappreciated

The Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

I think perhaps because of its subversive message. Mr. Fox gets foxed. Or boxed into his upwardly mobility.

I think this is dissonant with the first part but maybe not. Fox is in conflict between his natural instincts and civilization. Being part of it.

That is the heavy part.

I liked the animation. It is stop action with "real" puppets. Very smooth. Also the voices and the jokes. George Clooney and Meryl Streep. Bill Murray.

I have never much seen how "stars" help this but maybe it makes it more dramatic. Gives life. I don't really pay attention. It could be any actor as far as I am concerned.

There is some clever stuff. It is extremely well done. The scenic side is very very good.

Look. This is animation. I am not sure that it bears a social message and I am not really sure that Roald Dahl who wrote the kids book had all this weight in it. Maybe he did. If I had read the book I wouldn't have watched the movie.

I am glad that I saw it. There were a number of LOLs. That's good.

I will give it a 3 out of Netflix5. Before the "message" part I would have given it a 4 but I don't have the stomach for all that sociological stuff another time.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?