Tuesday, August 03, 2010
NOT CONSERVATIVE ENOUGH
This is very interesting.
Bob Inglis is a Congressman (R-SC) who has a rating of 93% rating from the American Conservative Union. He lost a primary last month to a Tea Party candidate 71%-29%.
He was blindsided by their ignorance and zeal. A bad combination. But, there is not a whole hell of a lot he could have done other than lie or drink the Kool-Aid or, in this case, the tea.
He decided to do neither and was beaten in the primary.
Now, he tells his story about what he heard and what happened.
I used to think that the Teas were the right wing of the right wing of the GOP but that is not the case in this situation.
What he ran into was a different kind of buzz saw.
Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty
These people are basically nuts. They have always been around. The La Rouche gang, the Birchers. They have conspiracies on their minds. They are paranoic. They are looking for scapegoats.
The thing is that the GOP has taken them on as though they are legit and are making the moves to look like them to them and not like that to us. Two faced.
It is not likely to work. Or, if it does, the gang with the pitchforks will get into the village and we are done for.
I sat down, and they said on the back of your Social Security card, there's a number. That number indicates the bank that bought you when you were born based on a projection of your life's earnings, and you are collateral. We are all collateral for the banks. I have this look like, "What the heck are you talking about?" I'm trying to hide that look and look clueless. I figured clueless was better than argumentative. So they said, "You don't know this?! You are a member of Congress, and you don't know this?!" And I said, "Please forgive me. I'm just ignorant of these things." And then of course, it turned into something about the Federal Reserve and the Bilderbergers and all that stuff. And now you have the feeling of anti-Semitism here coming in, mixing in. Wow.
Labels: tea party