<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 30, 2010

CYCLING IN

Hurricane names are pre-arranged and cycled in.

Every six years, we get to Hurricane Earl.

It is roaring in, going from a 2 this morning to a 4 this afternoon and kicking the shit out of the Caribbean.

Headed for the US.

No one has said anything to me about it yet.

Good.

I don't have any ready lines or anything.

If the names were chosen for comic effect I would take offense but they are chosen, rather, innocently I think. Some names on this list are pretty familiar names. A few friends and even a child or two are on it.

Here is the list.

They recycle every six years but will retire the name if it is "influential".

I think this means that it kills a lot of people or destroys a lot of property. There will be no "Katrina" again.

I am sort of hoping that Earl will be "infuential" this time but I would rather not have anyone killed. Come to think of it, I wouldn't want a lot of property damage.

Maybe there is a way to be "influential" without serious damage.

Perhaps Hurricane Earl could do a reversal, run against all the rules, be a leader of other hurricanes and influence them to quiet down. A landmark hurricane.

But, probably not.

He will be back in six years. What's a few days of lying low. Or, if necessary, enduring someone making some fucking lame joke about the name.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?