<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 19, 2010

THE WORST DAY IS THE BEST DAY

For several weeks I have dreaded the hookup of the internet cable. I knew it would get fucked up. I would lose days of "connectivity". As an internet addict this is unacceptable.

Part of this was exacerbated by the complications inherent in switching my account from one address to another.

Every call to TimeWarner was fraught with difficulty. Different versions of TW truth, disconnected calls just short of consummation and finally the information that they couldn't switch it until the seller disconnected or called in to terminate.

I just gave up.

Then, it occurred to me that it was the transfer element that was causing the trouble. Why not just get a new account there and keep it simple. When I was ready I could terminate my existing hookup.

I did wait for the sale to complete so I could say that it is my house now and so on.

So I called yesterday and got "Maria in Sales". Chipper. Happy. Enthusiastic. "We can do that", "No problem", "Can I tell you about a different service? I don't want to seem like I am selling."

It was the turbo service which I bought because it is 50% more bits pouring into the wire. Or whatever you call it. And it is at the same price as now because I am hooking through the Condo bulk contract.

So. Order completed, Maria said she could get a guy out the next day, today, from 230 -430.

He showed up at 2:35. He totally rewired us from the house to the street connection. The wiring was old and corroded so he replaced it all. The infrastructure. He cut down on the video to get more power to the internet as we will not be watching teevee even though it is free. Well, paid by the condo. We haven't watched fucking teevee since 1996.

Then he set the modem up and hooked up the laptop I brought and voila! Turbo computing on my old lapper.

When I move I will just hook up my Airport Extreme and our iMacs and away we will go.

While the cable guy was connecting, I hung with the locksmith, who I know from the gym, and he rekeyed the whole house. Four locks. 98.00. Great.

One more thing that is not worse than I think it will be. You would think that I would get this by now and save myself the aggro.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?