<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 05, 2010

TOXIC DUMP

We have had a full trash can of toxic materials that we cannot put in the trash. It has been sitting there for two or three years.

I did not want to go through what I thought you had to go through to get rid of it at the prescribed "dropoff" facility maintained by the city and county.

But we are selling the house and it is sitting there and it has to go so today I took it over.

Booker and I filled five black bags with the stuff.

About 300 pounds of paint and shit.

It wasn't bad at all! Most things are not as bad as I think they will be. This is another one.

Here is how it went. I was first in line.

There was a line because it formed after me. I went an hour after it opened. Not like I got there early.

The guys were, well, something. Lookers in a latino way which is alright with me and one was especially sweet. They were not wearing hazmat suits but you could see that it was a carefully run operation.

They took the whole thing--the bags ha ha--in one gulp rather than 50 pound lots just to be nice. This was the thing I most feared. I had been told they would weigh it and I would have to go around as many times as it took over and over, filling out forms and shit, until the stuff was gone. There were no forms.

That rule does still apply. 50 pound lots.

So they did not have to do this for me in one take and I didn't ask until it was all over. I had to have something to chat with Juan about.

Booker liked the trip a lot and when I came home I retired the trash barrel and another job is done on the way to the condo at the end of the month.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?