<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

TOO BUSY TO POST

Yesterday was a marathon day.

We had two showings of the house mid day. Well, one and then another showed up at the last hour.

That meant lunch out. A time consuming affair (and expense intensive) at the best of times.

As soon was lunch was done I took the Jeep into the shop to have a tail light, the brake light, replaced.

I got stopped Saturday by a cop who told me it was out. He was very nice about it. Knew that I would not see or know it wasn't working. He didn't give me a citation. He said it was too hot to stand in the sun and write it out. Nice. If there was a citation, it is not a fine but you have to get the light fixed and then go to the police station and fill out forms and shit.

I didn't have to do that but I did have to get it fixed.

That took a while. An hour. They were good about it there.

Then I came back home and, behold, we had an offer for the house. The second, original guy is interested.

We have made a counter-offer and we are off to the races.

Many forms to fill out, fuck. Two visits from the broker. Forms and more forms.

We are being less celebratory this time. No high fives. No dances in the end zone before the ball even gets there. I have learned my lesson.

The buyer is not too far off the mark and he is a single man who wants to live here. He walked the place and sat. We have wisely quit playing music so they can get the quiet and hear the birds.

This will not stop the selling process. We have another open house Saturday and will continue to sell like hell.

At the condo, we had a big day.

The electrician came to relocate some receptacles, remove the ugly sconces in the bedroom and, most exciting, put in the new microwave in the kitchen. My treat. The old one didn't work. They told us that. He also put up a new fan with lights over the dining room table area, a treat for John.

He worked there until after our supper and we went over and surveyed the work. Great job. He will come back later to put in a new faucet at the sink and some other minor plumbing issues.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?