<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

STRONG AND CLEAR

Obama dispatched McChrystal neatly today and, at the same time, took another step towards unity by putting Petraeus in charge of the thing. Not quite a demotion. But McChrystal's shit happened on his watch.

Very strong.

“War is bigger than any one man or woman, whether a private, a general or president,” Mr. Obama said. “As difficult as it is to lose General McChrystal, I believe it is the right decision for national security.”

“I welcome debate among my team,” he said, “but I won’t tolerate division.”

He could not keep McChrystal in place. What happened is very close to an Article 89 court martial charge. See the Uniform Code of Military Justice

My Commander in Chief. I would have gladly supported any result that he chose but I think that he has chosen well.

They didn't mince any words. The General was in private with Obama and never attended the scheduled strategy meeting. He did not come here just to be canned. It was an already scheduled session.

He sure put his foot in it. Obama stomped on it.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?