<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 18, 2010

SORTA QUIET

I went to our new home today and just sat for awhile.

On the way to the supermarket.

I got teary.

Our home. Not "the condo" or "the apartment". Our home.

I really do like the place very much and there is nothing of ours in it at this point. So it will only be up from here.

John has been there today making shelves for our closet. He will paint tomorrow.

Booker and I went over to surprise him. One of the clickers for the garage doors didn't work and I put in a new battery. I had to try it out. It worked!

Booker loves this kind of shit. He gets out of the Jeep and just runs to find John. Head between knees hello.

He seems very happy with the new place. We have peed all over our section. Last night, the first poop.

I had thought that the summer night walking would be hotter than here. The new place is about a mile out from the shadow of the mountain.

Perhaps it is hotter but there is a lot of shade and we had a fairly successful jaunt. Booker wanted to get back to see what John was up to so it wasn't too long but it was enough for me to see that it will be OK.

In winter, it will mean longer times and warmer sun in the afternoons so we won't have to go out so early. The sun won't "set" at 315 PM.

I have set up an installation by the TimeWarner Cable people tomorrow for the internet connection. I bought the turbo which costs ten dollars more a month for a 50% increase in flow.

Movies, maybe.

The beginning of paying for capacity. It is fast and full.

The call went pretty well. I had tried to talk to them about transfer of my account and it got very sticky. Not the same day, two days. Confusing. Then I thought that I could just get it as an additional new account and, when it is working and all, just cancel my old service.

At the same time that I am waiting for the cable guy, I am going to get a locksmith to come so I will have two things going.

We have three doors to change. Front screen, front door and back door into the garage.

I was going to let it go then John pointed out that she leased the house to people for several years. No telling how many people have keys.

The prospect for the old house did not make a special trip today. They felt they didn't have to. We expect an offer. I am still staying low on the expectations but it is a nice thing to consider.

Not a lot more today.

It is going pretty well.

I met two neighbors today and sort of exchanged hellos with another last night. Just about the right pace for me.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?