<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 13, 2010

HEROINE

I have been fascinated with the actress Marian Seldes all my adult life.

The 60-Year Stage Life of Marian Seldes

I saw her many times on television and in movies.

I finally was able to see her on the stage in Edward Albee's Three Tall Women

She was transfixing.

This is a wonderful loving tribute to her. The article. Many anecdotes. Many flashes of the Selde's personality.

She has a great story. An actress whose face was badly mauled by a boat propellor when she was a child. My god!

It is hard to say what great power illuminates her work as an actress.

In the old live television days she was clearly "on" and a "star" in every part.

She is, apparently, a brilliant friend to the young theater people that she comes in contact with. Generous.

She taught acting for many years at Julliard.

What feels like a great achievement now? “Maybe the teaching,” she said. “I hope so. Because that’s helping somebody. It was the hardest thing too, because it takes an energy. If you look away from a student’s eyes at the wrong moment, you can hurt them.”

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?