<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 25, 2010

FIRST NIGHT

I got the kitchen setup.

Then I could go to bed.

Two hours later than usual.

But we live in unusual times.

It was a good night. I had a shower before--the house had been open all day to get the stuff inside. Hot.

We were blessed with slight cooling for the day, but still.

We did not eat dinner here. That is tonight.

We went to the old reliable Rock Garden and had the old reliable food and then went to the old house to retrieve odds and ends that, for some reason, did not get packed or brought over.

We will have to make a similar run today.

But I did get to bed and had a great night's sleep and woke up at the usual time. Two hours short.

So I made up some time today.

We love the space. It works. It is very good looking. We are comfortable.

There is a lot to unpack but that will happen.

I got half my desk done and the half my bathroom. I am going to have my own bathroom here. Well, kind of.

Booker is the real sleeper today. He has been restless since his rugs started disappearing from the old place a few days before the move. We had to get them down to put stuff on when it got here.

And then there was the move, itself, for which he was a very good boy. He stayed out of the way and gentled his way through the whole thing. No naps for him either. He is totally conked out now as he has been all day.

So this is a time for all our spirits to arrive here and getting some rest.

We are doing OK.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?