<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 27, 2010

BACKWARDS

Everything in the new kitchen is backward.

The stove is on the right side of the prep counter. The sink is on the right side of the dish counter. The refrigerator is, well, to the left not the right of the prep counter.

I am doing OK with it. Turning circles sometimes but not too badly.

We have almost everything from the kitchen unpacked and ready to go. I am going.

I cooked dinner last night (Italian sausage on pasta) and am on board for today. As in room and board. My special chicken waldorf salad.

I am getting it. Over here is over there. Down that way is the other way.

If I move slowly I am OK.

I mentioned that I have my own bathroom now. It is also reversed. The toilet paper is on the left side as I am sitting. Now I have to figure out how to tear off a sheet with the left hand or do the twist.

It is probably good to be ambidextrous and/or flex the lower back.

We put up a lot of paintings today. John did. I helped.

It all looks rather elegant. The high high ceilings really help.

We are catching up with our sleep.

What else?

I go back to the house everyday to do watering and check it out. Booker went with me today. It is his first trip back since Friday when we moved.

He went right into the garage to see if anyone had spilled the kibble on the floor and then went in and just sort of lay down at the doorway and waited while I did my chores.

He did not explore. He did not amble around.

He just waited quietly.

When we got back to the condo, he jumped out of the Jeep and ran to the gate and went into the patio, scratched the door to get in and landed back in his new house. Clearly the old house is over. Same with me. The only nostalgia is in my head when I think it up. No painful leaving things behind us.

I guess we were ready.

There is a rabbit in the backyard. He was around occasionally during the last weeks we were there. I bet he takes over and makes some little rabbits. I don't know if there is enough grass but no one will bother them. Except the hawks.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?