<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 21, 2010

STANDARDS

Some thoughts about the Military Academies and their lowering standards.

The Academies’ March Toward Mediocrity

I am pleased to see the record of ROTC training as superior to the Academies.

I am an ROTC man.

A 6 month wonder under the old serve six months reserve for six years deal.

I never really served much and was my own military mediocrity.

I won big points for dressing well, even excused from guard duty in summer camp as a result, but I couldn't qualify on the rifle range without my buddies doing a pencil job on the targets.

I guess that is why my active duty was as duty officer at the Ft. Lee Officers' Club.

I dogged it in the reserve portion going only to summer camp and doing correspondence courses rather than attend weekly meetings.

So I would be at the lower rung of the ROTC ladder and not on any rung at all with the Academies.

I have trouble with authority. A sure disqualifier in the military let alone the "elites".

I was defrocked as a First Lieutenant at the end of my time. I am not a veteran. Only a "did serve".

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?