<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 16, 2010

BROTHERLY LOVE

Today's film was Christophe Honore's

Dans Paris / Inside Paris (2007).

Two brothers and other family members. The beginning is the mental breakdown of one brother in a breakup with his lover and her son. It is chaotic.

He comes home to his father and brother who take him in and begin, in their way, to help him heal.

The means are quite traditional but the methods are very contemporary.

And very French, I suppose, although I read it very clearly.

Honoré embellishes the story, towards the end with a quiet singing between the two estranged lovers. A foretaste of his wonderful film Love Songs which I watch from time to time because it feels so good.

This story feels good too, eventually. A very sweet closure although I am not sure I should say that as it seems necessary to go through the angsts to get to the good feelings.

I enjoyed it very much and would not mind seeing it again at all.

That makes it a 4 out of Netflix5.

I am heading to see two more Honoré films in the next few days.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?