<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 18, 2010

WEEKEND

This is the Coachella festival weekend.

We are well away from it but the hotels here are chock full and many of the rental houses (all?) are occupied. There is an enormous market in short term rentals of homes here. More now that they can't sell them.

They bus people down to La Quinta where the venue is located.

The thing is very well organized and, this year, there are said to be a record attendance, maybe 75,000 people a day.

Some of the acts got caught in the air shutdown in Europe but it is still rolling along nicely.

This is not the kind of thing that I want to even get close to but I do not have to get close.

It is nice to know that a lot of people are having relatively safe fun and enjoying themselves while the locals are cashing in.

One of the house rentals is up the street. I had to go ask for quiet the other day. They were doing their own concert with the boom box.

Once they heard me shouting over the sound they nicely turned it down.

Today it was a little louder but now, I think, they are on their way for the fest and will be gone tomorrow.

It is OK. It is so rare that this happens.

The last time I asked someone to turn it down, it was some fat plumber type guy playing Rush Limbaugh at the 11 setting. I took care of that very quickly. He was OK about it but puzzled as to why I didn't consider Rush out loud to be a public service.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?