Wednesday, April 07, 2010
SUMMER / MILAGE
It hasn't been that hot but today, while waiting for Woody at the Chrysler service place, I found myself moving to the shade to get out of the sun. A sure sign of summer. When it gets really hot we will be in any shade we can find if we stop to talk to someone. A utility pole's shadow will do.
I also felt the sun this morning in a different way. Soon, we will have the summer smell but it will have to be a little drier for that.
This afternoon I noticed Booker doing the same shade thing.
We will know summer is over when we start to move into the sun and out of the shade.
It was funny. At the service place, the guy noticed that we have not cracked 110,000 miles in seven or eight visits. We need 300 or so more miles to hit 11,000. They don't get many cars that change their oil at 200 miles. We take the Woods in every 6 months.
I drive him almost every day except in deep winter. But even then. Just not very far. A mile or two. Three at the most. Errands.
He works just fine. I just don't want to wear him out. Or have trouble too far from home.
Labels: seasons, weather, Woody