<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

NOMENCLATURE

I have known for a long time that there is a difference between a geek, a dork and a nerd.

But I couldn't quite assay or explain to myself, let alone another person, the exact distinction.

Now, it is all clarified.

FINALLY: The Difference between Nerd, Dork, and Geek Explained by a Venn Diagram

If you use the term "dweeb" you are out of touch with the culture. As I am most of the time.

This photo, itself, is a geek item in that I did not know what a Perl shirt was and had to go find that Perl is a programming language and that the community is formed around t-shirts with geeky sayings on the front. Many people sell perl shirts. I am not even sure that perl is upper or lower case, a noun or an adjective or, well I don't get it either. So, another geekish, nerdish, dorkish sideshow to make the rest of us outsiders.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Perl is also the language that is the basis (or, at least, A basis) for one of your son's careers. I don't have any Perl t-shirts, though. And I don't have a Buzz Lightyear toy. Otherwise....guilty as charged.
d.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?