<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 08, 2010

FRAMED

I don't have a lot of interest in the whole Tiger Woods thing.

I figure that anyone who is named Tiger from the get-go (his real name is Eldrick Tont Woods, so much the worse) has a rough row to how.

Tiger. Go get 'em. All that.

And I don't care for golf at all. Not a sport. They don't even walk.

But I have some empathy for the guy in his position.

Yeh, it is hubris in the most intense way. The mighty tiger has been brought down by his own pride. No that is lions, huh?

So now there is the new Nike ad.

There is a lot of finger wagging. The lame-brained news reader on CNN's morning news(?) show said it seemed "creepy" to her. Well, she should know about "creepy".

I don't think that it is creepy at all. Take a look.

I agree with this guy. I think that it is a fabulous piece of theater.

In defense of Tiger Woods' Nike ad

It is a show stopper. A WTF moment.

It doesn't apply to any of the memes that are out there.

They have let the media frame this thing and now they are taking the frame back.

What does it mean?

I await the followup to this. Nike has decided to double down on the Tiger investment.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?