<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 17, 2010

DOMESTIC

Today was the day I clean the stove.

Every six months.

It takes a long time and we cannot really do it in summer it is so hot.

I like the result. All that white ash inside.

Cremation.

There is a lot of maintenance around here.

At a certain point in life, it is all maintenance. They tell me. I am halfway there.

I have a lot of things on automatic. On my calendar.

Clean the oven. Put the blue stuff in the dishwasher. Put the anti-calcium drops in the fountain out front. Fill the fountain. Water the non-irrigated plants. Cover the pool, uncover the pool. Wipe down the tables outside (almost daily if the wind blows. Sand). And so on.

It is nice. Constant. A comfort.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?