<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SPACED OUT

Today's movie was the much overlooked

Moon (2009)

with Sam Rockwell who I enjoy seeing in any film. He plays the lone human who runs a mining operation on the back of the moon with robotic help.

Some strange stuff begins to happen.

We are slowly allowed to figure out what is going on just before the guy does. The very best suspense. It is quite good.

It is not so much a who-done-it but more a how-does-it work movie.

If you are a true science fiction fan I think this would be very satisfying. I am not so much but I really enjoyed watching and being challenged by this film.

The themes are not new but the gimmick is. Very neatly done.

The film is directed by David Bowies son, Duncan Jones. He has a deft touch.

The real acting here is quite good. Rockwell is very talented. The CGI is kept to a spare minimum and, oddly, applies mostly to the human photography. Very nice. I would call the entire mood "hermetic".

I am avoiding plot because the plot is the thing.

I wouldn't mind seeing this again sometime.

That would make it a 4 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?