Monday, March 15, 2010
SHORT FORM
The Census Questionnaire came today.
I have already filled it out.
It took five minutes.
It is the short form.
As usual, we are not in there. We do not fit any of the categories of domestic situation.
Now, tell me. 10% of the population? I will give you five. And many in live-in relationships? And there is not a category?
I have to hand it to them. They have tried. But there are no "domestic partners", no husbands.
There are not even any POSLQs. Persons of Same Sex Living Together. But maybe there never were. They just added it up and had two males in one house.
I did not mark room mates or house mates. I put other and wrote in "husbands-California".
We are invisible.
Let them work it out. It is their problem not mine.
I suppose no human will see the form. I did try to overwrite the "hus-" part on the x block.
Always causing trouble if I can.
They have my phone number if it rejects and then I can give someone an earful. A poor lowly bureaucrat who has absolutely nothing to do with the design of the main form. I will keep it impersonal.
Remember when there was all the fuss about race? Wait until you see all the blocks they have for that. It will really piss the white right people off. They even start with a sorting question about whether you are Hispanic or not. The old one used to be white or "colored" or something.
Those goddam Latinos. They are taking over.
Actually, they have taken over out here, just like the faggots.
And you know what?
We are all doing fine.
The races got the mentions now it is time for the pervs.
Labels: gay politics