<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 21, 2010

AGONY OF DEFEAT AND THE THRILL OF VICTORY updated

While Obama's NCAA bracket crumbled, in the same week, he won his signature victory for Health Care Reform.

I am so happy that it was not the other way around.

You can always set up a new bracket.

The opportunity to begin the hard work to fix the medical mess in this country got a giant step forward tonight.

I am very pleased.

I am sure that our President is pleased also.

I stayed up to see this one through and I am glad that I did.

I sure spent long enough worrying it along its tortuous path.

From the CNN live blog:

As Republican consultant Kevin Madden just said on CNN, whatever you think of the bill you have to admit that this is an historic moment. Certainly the most dramatic change to the American health care system since the 1960s. Maybe the biggest change to the federal government's relationship to its citizens since the creation of Social Security in 1935. And all that in a very polarized political atmosphere during an economic crisis. Pretty incredible.
Amen.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?