<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 18, 2010

TOO CLOSE TO CALL

We are all tenterhooks about Coakley and the MA Senate race.

Why?

I think something very fundamental and it is not the tea party nuts or the opponent's extra money he got from "outsiders".

This is one of Tip Oneill's favorite stories.

Before the vote he was surprised when longtime neighbor Mrs. O'Brien said: Tom (he was called Tom at home), I will vote for you, even though you did not ask for my support.

Stunned, O'Neill said, "Mrs. O'Brien, I have lived across the street from you for 18 years, have cut your grass summers and shoveled snow from your walks winters. I didn't think I needed to ask for your vote. Mrs. O'Brien said, "Let me tell you something, Tom--people like to be asked."

From what I can see Coakley assumed she had the edge and didn't "ask for the vote". She didn't even debate. People hate that kind of attitude.

I don't like it either.

What is the feminine form of the word "hubris"?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?