<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 09, 2010

NOT ME

I have written about my desire to make it to the age of 90. A healthy 90, of course. Not one all tubed up and crinkled into a fetal position. I came in that way.

But don't count me in with this bunch of show-offs either.

Seeing Old Age as a Never-Ending Adventure

To me this is all just horseshit.

They don't show the crew of people behind these geezers who are propping them up and keeping them going.

I didn't see how much this was costing them. A lot, I bet.

I know. Here I am. Being cynical again.

But I figure that these are just the usual loudmouths and showoffs that I am around now. Hogging the limelight. Not satisfied at being a certain age. More into being a phenom.

I mean, look. Wing walking? On a biplane?

Hiking is OK but if you break your ankle isn't that a warning sign?

I gave up reading this after the first half. It was too tiring to read about these freaks trying to be young again.

How about this as an alternative. A nice life spent with neighbors and friends in low profile activities. Living in the world, aware of what it going on and participating in it. No "look at me" "gee whiz" shenanigans.

Ego. Annoying the shit out of other people. what gives geezers a bad name.

I am not too worried about risk. Life is risky enough. Why would I want to stand on the top of a wing? To be seen, of course.

I will go for the quiet anonymity of a good life.

I didn't try sky diving or any of that stuff when I was younger, why would I try it when I am on my way out? The rush? Please. I have tried "the rush". It ain't all that it cracked up to be.

If you have to have that adrenalin coursing around to keep you going you aren't looking around you and smelling the flowers.

And, with that, I will go take a nap.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?