<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

TERRITORY

I go to the gym every day at 415 and arrive and am on my stationary bike by 430. That is all AM.

Lately, the fat guy, has been sitting on my bike when I get there.

Let's break that down.

The fat guy is really fat and has been around in the early hours for years. (He wears a sweat band. I have never seen him break a sweat). Usually he gets there after I do.

My first encounter with him was when I had a trainer and fatso used to come over and ask for advice from the trainer while he was working with me. For free. while I was paying. My trainer handled it when I asked him to after a few incidents. But still.

Not a good start.

Then, the part about "my bike". I sit in front of the CNN side of the cycles. There is a FOX end. I don't sit there.

There are probably three good bikes to see the show. I choose the center one.

I have been on this bike every day for over two years now.

Now, I do not go to the gym to see teevee. Obviously. But it is an opportunity to check in on what the mass media is feeding and it is revelatory. The anchors are kind of dim (they have to read their questions!), the topics are a weird set of real and fake news (Tiger Woods mother in law going to the hospital--live!) and what coverage there is, superficial. Also, a maddening desire to present both sides of a question even when there isn't any. How do you spell Giuiiani?

So, there it is. I watch. Actually it is watching as the sound is not on and I get to see the hearing impaired scroll's interpretation of the already inaccurate stuff on the original show.

So here comes fatstuff.

On the first day, I made some comment about the idiots on the tube. He agreed as he views FOX as the only truth on the whole media spread.

No shit. A live one. I rarely get to see one on the hoof. And he says proudly "of course, I am a Republican" and I say "and more.....if you think FOX is fact." We sort of agree to disagree. I shut up from my perch on the leftmost of the three bikes that sit in front of the video.


Now I thought this to be a one time thing. Perhaps he strayed into my territory in error. Perhaps he has not noticed that I am always on that particular bike.

But he has been back regularly. On my bike!

A right wanker.

I was going to call to his attention the fact that FOX NEWS??? is shown at the other end of the bike row and then I saw that their set is on the blink. All snow.

So he is on hardship leave, down at my end, on my bike, watching CNN which IS bad but not for the reason HE thinks it is.

Are you getting the picture?

We have some serious drama building here. Something that I do not need. Space in my head that I do not want taken up by the fat guy.

So today I took the initiative. He doesn't know it yet but my bike is now the one on the left, the one that was my second choice. Now it is Number One.

I want THIS bike.

Of course, he has no way of finding this out unless he comes in some day late and I am on the left bike and not the center bike which used to be my bike but now isn't.

I know.

Silly shit.

Junior High.

But there it is.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?