<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 31, 2009

RES FREE

I don't much bother with the New Year.

It is a day like any other. We need dates, I suppose, and someone said that it didn't make much sense to have them be consecutive. We would be in the billion billions by now.

So they began repeating the cycle every year.

Then someone wanted months so they wouldn't have to write all the way to 365. And no one wanted three numbers for their birthday. Another inconvenience.

Somehow, holidays and, of course, the constantly interfering church had to get into it.

Another christian cockup.

So here we are with this artificial thing that needs some 30, some 31 days and a leap year besides to say nothing of the blue moon discussed (briefly) below.

A mess.

All in all, it comes out to indicate that New Year's Day is just another day in the stream.

The last time I went to a New Years Eve party I got so loaded that I did four flights of stairs legless with John at my side. That did the celebration part. It was the holiday's fault of course. That is how we think.

I believe this was the NYEve just before I got sober.

A long time ago.

Resolutions? Forget it. My gym and my Meetings will be full of people who are going to turn a new leaf. Next week. Then it will all quiet down again.

I figure, why even start it?

But if you are celebrating the day anyway, Happy New Year!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?