<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

NOW WHAT?

Today's film, the Norwegian

O'Horten (2007)

Odd Horten, a railroad engineer, retires. This film answers the question of "what do I do now"?

Having lived his entire life by the railroad's schedule, Horten's clock and life are thrown off kilter when he has nothing to do. No place to go.

The answer to his question turns out to be "do the next indicated thing and follow your heart if you can find it". In other words, let real life take over.

And he does. With some weird and funny outcomes.

Wry, quiet, modest, this film took me over as well. It only took a short while. Like Horten, I was a bit adrift in the film until I found myself.

The symbols are nice. It is winter all the time. We start by going safely and quietly in the train through rough weather.

Outside the train, the weather is much less calm. A great metaphor, it is used throughout.

The film is very nice. Sweet.

Having been through what Horten is going through, I identify. Life not only goes on but stays at a nice height of experience. Oddly, slowing down is a part of it.

I will give this one a 3 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?