<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 12, 2009

BUG OUT

I have been holding my breath a bit.

I got the new disc drive on my iMac a few weeks ago.

I wasn't ready to report complete success because my problems have always been time related. It would run OK for awhile and then "deteriorate".

So far, so good.

The performance is quite astonishingly better than it was.

I am beginning to think that the machine had always had something not quite right going on.

I accepted a few needs to restart or a slowness with shutting down windows.

I had corruptions occur when I knew that John's machine, which is the same but a bit newer, was not having any of this.

I just had a buggy machine.

Now, since the repairs, I have none of this.

It is hard, of course, to isolate the effect of adding RAM from changing to the new disc but I am pretty sure that what I am seeing is an overall operating improvement based on the disc alone.

After all, I had the RAM added and then the machine failed a week later. Hence the disc install.

Things are so fast on the web. Movies play faster. I have not had to restart the machine except for adding updates to the software. No restart to "clean things up".

Happiness is a bugless machine. Also a warm puppy but I already had that.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?