<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 26, 2009

WHO'S LYING

Just about everyone in Tony Gilroy's

Duplicity (2009)

with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen plus a bunch of other great actors.

It is a thriller about corporate espionage and also about corporate rivalries.

It is clever. Fun. Not very serious. A spy thriller without any blood spilled. Refreshing.

It shows that you can still make a good film in corporate Hollywood without violence, special effects or tawdry sex.

Well, there is some sex but it isn't tawdry.

Do you know how many of these big industry films I even want to see let alone actually enjoy? Very very few. I am glad I saw this one.

I liked it OK. It kept my interest.

I figure that its charms are limited to one viewing. I will give it a 3 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?