<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 07, 2009

WAITING

Here is the second part of last week's list of things waiters need to do or not do.

100 Things Restaurant Staffers Should Never Do (Part 2)

I am printing this because I am a life long restaurant patron and the list almost totally echoes my own mental list. So many clunkers.

My pet on this list is "you guys".

This is particularly galling in a gay context. It is obvious that the server doesn't know how to deal with the whole male thing. I didn't know that they did this to hets also.

It is not necessary, if you think of it, to say "you anything". Just "can I help you?" is great.

I don't think that he mentioned touching or, worse, leaning on a chair. My chair.

But that is so beyond the pale you wouldn't think it need mention. Yes it does.

Here, if you missed it, is (Part 1).

It is too late for me. I don't go out to eat that much anymore. Sometimes I think that I have been driven inside by servers.

I also think this is just fun to read. The guy has a great voice.

I too am fine with having a burger served with tattoos and piercings.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?