<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 26, 2009

GRATITUDE WORKS

I am grateful and optimistic.

It is not in my nature to be so.

Left to my own devices, I can be as whining and pessimistic as the next person. Or, at least, the next whining and pessimistic person down the line.

I have learned how to be grateful. It is possible to change one's world view from the shitty end of the stick to the other end. To hit with the right end of the bat. To drop cynicism as an approach and try optimism. The cup half full.

I don't do this because it "works". Even though it does.

I learned it to be more serene and to stay sober. I am both. That is enough for me.

A more spiritual source than pragmatic.

Now there is some "scientific" validation. I found it today.

Take a look.

It is fun to read and quite appropriate for Thanksgiving Day.

Does "counting your blessings" really help?

Yes. But read it anyway.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?