<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 15, 2009

VAN HALEN REVEALED

Today's movie wasn't really a movie but a cheesy documentary about the band's "early years".

Once into it there is the realization that this is not an authorized version, that the guys talking are all ex-Van Halen people including Jamie Lee Roth and that you could get the "story" in Wikipedia.

But I stayed with it and it was OK in a way. They kept showing the same stills over and over and they were pretty good. One guy had acne bad when he was a kid. One was thrown out of the band way back at the beginning. Watched his eyes.

There was not one live or video clip of the music. A few obviously pirated pieces that one or two of the guys may have held on to.

I have ordered some more DVD's with real music on them. Two concerts and some MTV videos.

I have gotten interested in the group from watching them on the Gold's Gym television. Notably "Jump" and "Hot for Teacher" but, occasionally, they play one or two others like "Dreams" which is all Air Force Flying Angels footage with the sound track.

I like the band. They seem so happy to be playing and the sound is great. David Lee Roth is fun to watch. The videos are big ass productions. I have not seen their videos with Sammy Hagar, who replaced Roth for awhile. He will be in a new batch which I have strung out in the queue over a few months.

Why Van Halen? Why now? Who knows.

I just like them. I think that it may have to do with the wit with which they present themselves.

Oh.

The documentary?

It was a piece of shit.

I didn't skip though. I will give it a 2 out of Netflix5>

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?