<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 13, 2009

SONG AND DANCE

I haven't seen 500 Days of Summer yet but I have it in my queue. I might even go to a theater to see it. But I don't want to over react.

There are several things about this film that are interesting.

The first is that it takes place in LA and, based on the architectural love of the director, Marc Webb, has many scenes in and around LA landmarks. Here is an article about it.

LA As Filtered by Love. They even shot the film to remove and buildings built after 1950!

Well, maybe that isn't the first thing about the movie that I am excited about. But it was one of the first things that I knew about it.

The first thing should be that the film has Zooey Deschanel and, a great favorite, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is finally in a film that shows his broad talent as an actor.

What is new to me is that Ms. Zooey is also an accomplished composer and musician and has a group. Of two. Called She and Him.

She wrote and they sing in this video which was made by movie director Webb to complement the film.

Now, for the biggest thing about it. This video has DANCING in it. Not jerking around and gyrating. Fucking DANCING! And moves. Real moves. Not automaton crap. Boy I love this video. I can't wait to see the movie.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?