<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 21, 2009

SHORE LEAVE

There is no question that recent weeks have been tough sailing for the Obamas.

As usual, he is working at the troubles with grace and dignity.

I like that he is taking time off and that he has insisted that his aides do the same.

This is essential.

I don't suppose he is the kind of guy to take a nap every afternoon, as LBJ was, but he does need to get on the beach for awhile.

I am not worried about him. He has my full support. I have been called an "apologist" for the Obama administration. A badge of honor as far as I am concerned.

If we are going to make our support contingent then it is not support.

People are pissed that he hasn't delivered on promises. OK. Take a look at the

Obamameter

They have cut into a hundred "promises" and that is about 25%.

I know that a lot of people's priorities for him do not match the action that has been taken but, shit, there is sort of a problem out there with the economy and all. The health care reform is part of solving that problem. Can you imagine the rough seas if he was also trying to navigate DODT right now, for example? Or DOMA? My own special cases. Or the myriad other special interest cases, all important, many crucial, that are waiting for attention?

Do you have any idea of what that fucking political maelstrom is like? Amid the storm, there are pirates trying to take the ship.

Take a look at the town meetings and you get a clue. The enemy is right out there ready to climb aboard. Duplicitous bastards and that is just some of the Democrats.

These are parlous times. I will keep my attention on the captain that I elected to run the ship. So far so good as far as I am concerned.

And with that, I will retire the sailing metaphor.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?