<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 23, 2009

LOVE STORY SORT OF

Today's film was the acclaimed Marc Webb film

(500) Days of Summer

with Joseph Gordon-Leavitt and Zooey Deschanel.

It is a great film. It has an IMDb of 8.6. Pretty high for IMDb.

It has had legs. It is still running and made its nut a long time ago.

This is because it has human interest. It is beautifully rendered with very creative bits and pieces.

It fractures the relationship into pieces that are as you might remember any event. Not chronologically.

The supporting cast is great. Very funny.

It is original in concept and execution.

It takes it's audience seriously and injects architecture and art as part of the scene without making a big deal out of it. It does not talk down.

I have been interested in Gordon-Leavitt for a long time. He was a child star who was determined not to be pulled under by it. He took a career break to attend Columbia University.

He has been very careful about his career development. He has been in 24 films!

It seems to me that he comes into his mature acting self in this film. And he can dance!

Ms. Deschanel is new to me but I would go see her in another film regardless of how the rest of that film was rated. She stands out.

We saw this in a theater but if I had it on Netflix, which I will, I would give it a 5 out of Netflix5. It has to be one of the best new movies that I have seen in a long while.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?