<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 27, 2009

ALL REVVED UP AND NO PLACE TO GO

My "new" glasses started to scratch last week. Just like that.

The coating was wearing through. Or something.

My last pair of glasses lasted three or four years before the coating began to wear.

So I went to the optician I got these from. It was my first time with them.

I was ready for bear.

I had the date I bought them, I took the rag I use to clean them--a special Scotch cloth that does not scratch anything--and a story.

I also had their story and a rebuttal.

In short, I had a full rehearsal of outcomes.

Except for the one that happened.

I went in, gave my name, they found my file (they are still all paper), took me to a little chair and table to wait to be seen and here comes the optician.

She took a look and said "oh the coating has failed". We will have to replace it. Under the warranty.

Duh.

OK. No argument, no rebuttal. I am glad I took my old glasses along to wear as I left the place. They aren't too far off.

The new recoated glasses or new glasses, whatever, will be ready in a week.

I sure wish I had a chance to use all my ammunition though. But I will retire from the field. I have met the enemy and he is almost me.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?