<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 16, 2009

ONE HOUR LOST

I know this is boring but I had to get my teeth cleaned today. It is so slow.

Today was also the annual measurement of the gum line. A tedious and demeaning process. My gums are all going south. There is no advance. No chance for improvement.

But I think that even they see the futility of measuring. The gums are gone or going. That is it.

She got done with the bottom and said that she would skip the top. I agreed.

Then the cleaning. This is mostly with the pick. Some sonic. She took photos today to show me the plaque and where I need to brush harder.

I am confused by this as, mostly, I am supposed to use a soft brush and take it easy on the gums. Contradictory.

They have teevee over the chair. You can't hear it. Too much picking and sonically cleaning and water running and all.

You can't see much because she is in the way.

At the end, Doctor himself comes in and takes a runthrough. He is so sexy and charismatic that the pain of the hour falls away. And, most of all, he doesn't take any of it really seriously. We have to do it. Things are grim. I will have to have more teeth removed but we will do watchful waiting. And prayer.

Do the best we can.

And goodbye.

I think she hates to have him be like this, all unserious, after her almost funereal demeanor. The lecturing, hectoring nag.

Hey, it is over. Nothing more to December. Unless our prayers don't work.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?