<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 06, 2009

JACKSON MADE WISE CAREER MOVE

They took it down already (LA is like that) but the LATimes had an article this morning about how the Jackson estate will benefit from his death. It will reinvigorate sale of his albums and the rights to products and all will more than cover his enormous debt.

In fact, the debt may have already been superceded by the revenue which is coming in from musical rights. He is having a resurgent career.

The other day I read that SEG who was going to manage the London concerts is sure that they will make a handsome profit from the event even though it will not be held. It turns out that a lot of people who put down money for tickets will not be returning them but, rather, will be holding on to them as souvenirs. In addition, depending on the findings of the coroner, there will be a return of some losses in the form of insurance. They are hoping, of course, that he is not found to be a technical suicide although it would appear that he is effectively a virtual one from the use of very dangerous, illicit drugs. The law is murky on this.

So, all in all, this has turned out to be a very good thing for Jacko.

On other fronts, for those of who are concerned that the affairs of MJ be carried out in good taste, here are three articles to make up for the one that the LATimes tore down.

It turns out that the judge ruled that Katherine Jackson cannot manage the estate. Wow. What would Michael think about that? His Mom. Well, he apparently thought about it enough to make sure that she didn't get her hands on it in 2002.

I mentioned the other day that I was concerned about the corpse. Where is it? When will we get a better picture than that blurry thing some EMT guy took.

You can read about the burial plans here. I am concerned that by this time the nose and all may have deteriorated. Will there be an open casket? Where will he lie in state? I think that the Capitol Rotunda is booked. I don't know how long he "keep" do you? I read somewhere that he will be in a casket of the same design that James Brown used. Don't they copyright that shit?

On a related front, the whole story on what he will wear in his casket can be found here.

I am sure that it will be in as good taste as were all his other fine costumes. No one has apparently discovered whether the pet monkey will be interred with him or not.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?