<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 25, 2009

THE OBAMA TOUCH

There was a stir earlier this month about the tradition where a President "sends" a wreath to a Confederate memorial while he does a live wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns.

In true Obama fashion, he completed a triangle by sending two wreaths. One to the Confederates and one to a memorial for African-American soldiers who fought in the Civil War.

An Extra Memorial Day Wreath for Obama

And this humble tribute:

“My grandfather served in Patton’s army in World War II; I cannot know what it is like to walk into battle,” the president said. “I’m the father of two young girls, but I can’t imagine what it is like to lose a child. These are things I cannot know. But I do know this: I am humbled to be the commander-in-chief of the finest fighting force in the history of the world.”

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?